Allison M. Shapira

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Motivation, or lack thereof

Summer is always a slow time at work. We have few phone calls, few information requests, and few projects. As a result, we're usually doing the small organizational stuff that's been shoved aside during the year when we were scrambling for 10 extra minutes in the day.

But all this inactivity leads the brain to become sluggish and apathetic, to the extent that when someone actually calls and needs something dachuf, immediately, we're slow to respond. I usually feel angry when someone calls me and asks for something because I've become so lazy that I don't want to move but don't want to do anything else either.

This last hour of the day is the most excruciating example of such a feeling...thankfully Yoav blogs so frequently that I have plenty to read. But I've still been looking at my watch every five minutes for the past hour.

Later tonight I have Toastmasters, which should be great - I've missed so many meetings that I don't feel as connected to the group as I used to, although Blaire and I are still best friends. Tonight I think I'll go out with the usual group of people who go to Cornwall's for dinner and a beer after the meeting. Blaire is going too, which will be a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home