Allison M. Shapira

Friday, September 21, 2007

Boston Photo Walks

Last Sunday, I went on a tour of the Freedom Trail for the first time (yes, after about 10 years in Boston I still had never done it...)

Given my interest in photography, I decided to try Boston PhotoWalks, a walking tour of Boston offered by Saba Alhadi. Saba gives you historical commentary during the tour, while also showing you the best angles for taking pictures of the sites you visit. It was an interesting and enjoyable mix of photography and history, and I got some great shots out of it. She also does tours of Beacon Hill and the waterfront, among other sites in Boston.

For our final stop, we visited old North Church in the North End. While listening to the story of Paul Revere and the "one if by land, two if by sea" communication system set up in the tower of the church, I realized we were talking about optical telegraphy.

There's my Emerging Communications Technologies class, showing me how communications has been and still is all around us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home