Allison M. Shapira

Friday, October 05, 2007

Thoughts on the Fall Schedule

I've been a little too busy to write lately with all my classes and work commitments. But I have been taking notes on what I'd like to blog about. I'm just lacking the free time to sit down without other things on my mind and be able to free write.

In general, I've been pleasantly surprised with the work load. It's heavy but not overwhelming, which means that I have quite a lot to read but I also have the time to enjoy and retain what I've read. And I've been surprised with how much I've been retaining.

Two classes per semester, in other words two nights per week, aren't easy. Add to those two nights my weekly work commitment and the weekly meeting of the new student Toastmasters club that I started, and I have only one free weekday evening - Friday, and I'm not sure that even counts as a weekday evening.

But I feel it's worth it - I have time for work, time for my classes, and one night a week free for my personal interests. I can handle this for a few years. It may be affecting my diet, though, since it means I either have junk food or bird food for dinner. And I haven't been able to keep a regular gym schedule since class started. But I'm still working things out.

This is a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home