Allison M. Shapira

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Linked In

I've been networking a lot lately on LinkedIn.com. It's a fantastic way to meet people in your field from all over the world. Since we've been thinking about moving to San Francisco, I've networked with about 10 people from the PR field in the Bay area. When I'm ready to search for jobs out there, I'll immediately be in a better position than your average job seeker.

Similarly with Italy - I've been networking with a number of people from Roma and Milano. The news is not as exciting from over there as the economy is going through un brutto periodo, but that doesn't deter me from getting to know people in my field, even if their most comment question is "Why would you want to leave the US?"

Nothing has come to fruition yet with LinkedIn, but I think it's the mere possibility of fruition that keeps me supremely satisfied with the web service.

I think that's an anology for humans in general - we're happy as long as there is the possibility that something good can happen.

It's called "hope."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Alli,

Good luck with your job search. I tried to find your profile in LinkedIn but apparently we're not connected close enough (or at all) so that I may see your profile. To make yourself more visible within LinkedIn (so that potential headhunters, etc. can find you), you may want to check out some LinkedIn tips I've written.

Good luck!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the post. Very practical suggestions.

Alli

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home