Allison M. Shapira

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Musica Mizrahit

I just got back from the Sarit Hadad concert at The Roxy tonight. It was an interesting event - Sarit herself was stuck in traffic and so arrived an hour late. No problem - in the meantime, the DJ spun great middle eastern techno, music that stirs my soul.

I was scheduled to say a few words before the concert, and I was a little nervous as always - it doesn't matter if I speak for 20 seconds, I can't concentrate on anything else before the speech. However, it was taking so long for the show to start that I was nevertheless able to let myself go and dance with friends from work.

After locating the organizer, I gave her my business card so she could introduce me. It's funny what some people consider to be professional behavior in front of a crowd - this woman stood in front of 400 people, squinted at my card for a few seconds, and then, with a very thick accent, introduced me as "Director of Public...pause...Disturbancy". It was so terrible that it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home